I have been tagged!! Yay…my first time. (I hope I’m doing it right.) Gee….thank you ajoobacats. Please be sure to visit her amazing blog. Here we go….
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I prefer my large, comfy leather chair that’s by a picture window, and where a convenient tray table is situated that holds notepads, pens, solo teapot, candles (for when I pretend I’m in Jane Austen’s era….I know), and other reading essentials.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark. If I need to hurriedly shove something into a page to hold my place, my OCD will not allow it to stay there longer than necessary before I must find a proper corresponding bookmark to take its place.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I can’t stop in a random spot…has to be directly before the start of a new paragraph or chapter. OCD tendencies again.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yes!! ….. way too much. Reading inspires eating for me which is BAD. Gotta work on that.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
Neither. Like it quiet when I’m reading. Although classical might be okay.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Sometimes I have more than one book going at a time, but I typically stay focused on one.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Concentration is greatest at home, but enjoy reading in the park and in my car.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Read strictly from beginning to end. No reading ahead. No skipping. If a book is just killing me, I give up on it altogether. Happily, that rarely occurs.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
The mere thought makes me shiver.
11. Do you write in your books?
Never!! That’s what sticky notes are for.
I tag the following bibliophiles to answer the questions above (if they want to):